Errors and Solution to Psiservice_2.exe

Solving the psiservice_2.exe error



I too had similar problem with the process psiservice_2.exe. Errors of this service keep bugging me and I thought my computer has been attacked by some kind of virus (don't we all do). I am no pc guru so I totally know the feeling. So I scanned my computer hoping the problem would be over. Unfortunately, it didn't.


My continued research for solution lead me to some forum (darn, I forgot the name) who had the same problem. But you should be assured that this problem is not caused by any type of virus.

It is a service that belong to PsiService System Service or CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (version X4, X5 - IPM, X5) or Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo (version X2) or WordPerfect Lightning - IPM or WordPerfect Office (version X4 - IPM) by Protexis (www.protexis.com).

Here are some common errors that you will see:
  • Sudden system freeze
  • Blue Screen of Death error
  • Often times, disk error will also happen
  • Error in the registry will usually happen
  • System pop-ups or promts showing system error messages is the first you will notice
  • Error in the link to your library shows up
  • Driver update failure (i get this alot when my pc had this error)
  • Unwanted attacks from spywares
  • Incompatibility results when appear during installation
  • and when you get passed by some malware because of the error caused by psiservice, you will be getting a number of annoying web ads that you will definitely hate
Users say it is only 21% dangerous but whatever or however dangerous it is, it certainly bugs anyone affected by it.  Especially that it tends to eat a lot of your memory space without you knowing it. (ever wondered why your pc seems to be crawling its processes?)  You should be able to locate it in the folders C:\WINDOWS\system32\. Delete it and the problem should be solved.

 Unfortunately not all the time that it is found in such folder since some applications tend to hide it. The solution is to locate in the administrative services the file and disable it.

If you want the manual process, you can download here the complete guide for removing.  This includes several solutions depending on the operating system you are using.

Or you can try removing it automatically using this tool.  Although I removed the psiservice.exe manually, it would have been less pain in the butt if I found this tool.

MIRROR 1

MIRROR 2

And yes, it is not a virus. You can check the virustotal scan if you want: https://www.virustotal.com/file/4871ce6e9984d7aca982814600bac9201466b6a2d9b925b58fa02c50e32a67fa/analysis/